The Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research conducts basic science and translational research within the Department of Pediatrics at the Indiana University School of Medicine, offering exceptional opportunities for collaborations between basic scientists and physicians. The goals of the Wells Center are to increase knowledge of the causes and mechanisms of serious pediatric diseases, to develop innovative approaches to diagnosis and treatment of childhood diseases, and to provide an outstanding training environment for medical and graduate students, residents, and fellows.
Please refer to the IUPUI Human Resources webpage at http://www.hra.iupui.edu for a current listing of job opportunities at the Wells Center.
IUPUI Human Resources
The IUPUI Human Resources office is located at:
980 Indiana Avenue, Suite 1156
Indianapolis, IN 46202 Phone: 317-274-7617
A current list of openings is available at http://www.hra.iupui.edu.
HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION POST-DOCTORAL SCIENTIST
A world-renowned laboratory studying the biology of graft versus host disease and graft versus leukemia in the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Indiana University is recruiting a highly motivated, experienced post-doctoral fellow to join a closely integrated team that is studying proteomic and cellular biomarkers for complications after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- PhD and/or MD with substantial research experience in immunology and/or cell biology.
- Demonstrated technical independence with high-throughput ELISA workflow, multi-color flow cytometry, T cells and dendritic cells culture and functional assays, and immunoassays.
- Meticulous at planning, executing, and organizing the results for large scale assays.
- S/he must also be capable of taking initiative, work independently and in a collaborative setting.
- A good publication record in recognized peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication skills are required, as are excellent organizational skills and knowledge of proper scientific record keeping.
Compensation: Salary according to the NIH scale + excellent benefits
Applicants should send an updated CV including publication list and two academic reference letters to:
Sophie Paczesny, MD, PhD
Indiana University School of Medicine
Wells Center for Pediatric Research
Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Program,
Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center,
Basic Science Joint Appointment: Microbiology and Immunology
1044 W. Walnut Street, Room R4-425
Indianapolis, IN, 46202
Please refer to the Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, http://grad.medicine.iu.edu, for current postdoctoral positions at the Wells Center.
Other Academic Positions
Send CV, statement of research interests, indicating lab(s) of interest, and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Lynn Pressler, MBA Associate Director of Administration
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research
Department of Pediatrics
1044 W. Walnut, Room 108 Indianapolis, IN 46202
Indiana University is an EED/AA employer, M/F/D.